The Intellectual Property Committee was established in accordance with a decision taken by the University Council and the Executive Board of the Landspítali University Hospital. The committee was appointed in 2003. The role of the Intellectual Property Committee is to implement those working procedures set by the University of Iceland and the Landspítali University Hospital regarding the transfer of technology from research conducted by staff and students. The committee is intended to encourage staff and students to transfer technology from research results, for example by obtaining patents, founding companies or making licence agreements. The committee evaluates inventions and ideas with the assistance of an appropriate specialist, takes a position on the involvement of the institutions in the transfer of intellectual property, and makes agreements with staff as appropriate.
The members of the Intellectual Property Committee of the University of Iceland and Landspítali University Hospital are:
- Kristinn Andersen, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Chair of the Committee
- Sigríður Ólafsdóttir Ph.D., Head of Inspections Unit at Icelandic Medicines Agency
- Torfi Magnússon, doctor at the Landspítali University Hospital
The following people work with the committee:
- Halldór Jónsson, Head of the Division of Science and Innovation at the University of Iceland
- Einar Mäntylä, Division of Science and Innovation at the University of Iceland
- Ólöf Vigdís Ragnarsdóttir, Division of Science and Innovation at the University of Iceland
- Gyða Einarsdóttir, Division of Science and Innovation at the University of Iceland, secretary of the committee, telephone 525 5488.